Moms, we need to stop judging other moms. It's not fair to them and it's not fair to our children. We are all just trying to do the best that we can and sometimes that means making mistakes. So let's be supportive of each other instead of tearing each other down. We're in this together! Mums of all ages can...
- There are a huge number of different breastfeeding clothes available on the market today. The two main types are those with a built in nursing bra and those that allow access to your regular maternity bra worn underneath.
- Eva Nursing Tee, half sleeve and long sleeve tops with an attached Capelet are only now available in a limited range of colours and sizes.
- Breastmilk is constantly changing in its composition to meet the changing needs of the baby. It has the exact combination of protein, fats, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and sugars needed for the human infant at various stages of his growth.
- We are so very thankful to Nat from This Sweet Life of Mine Blog for featuring Top Secret Maternity in her blog feature for Breastfeeding Friendly Clothes that Look Amazing!
- Breastfeeding is a very topical issue and many women are put off with the stigma that surrounds it. This is a personal choice, but if you do choose to breastfeed then my best advice is DON'T GIVE UP!!
- Have you ever heard that you should drink 8 glasses of water a day? Well this is a very basic way of putting it but I’ll expand so you can appreciate why. Now stick with me on this because half the reason there is so much confusion about nutrition is because only half the message is heard.
- Do you know how this feels? How long has it taken for you to gain weight? For most people the answer is years. Then how do you expect to lose weight in a matter of weeks or months and then maintain that weight loss?
- While breastfeeding it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle. You will be producing about 600ml of milk per day during the first few months and this will increase to around 1 litre per day by the time your baby is 4-6 months. If you are undernourished then you run the risk of depleting your own nutritional reserves and this may affect the nutrient levels in your milk. You need to maintain good nutrition for both yourself and your baby.
- There are a couple of things that you need to understand about your body to ensure you succeed in creating a new, healthy you. Firstly, as much as we have always just shoved food in our mouths and expected our bodies to deal with it, our bodies would prefer to be treated differently.
- I want to explain breifly (and hopefully relatively easily!!) how proteins and carbohydrates are utilised by the body. Even if you don’t use this information every time you eat, having this knowledge may help you to think about what is going on inside your body.
- “How am I supposed to ever get some sleep when all you want to do is feed??!!! Who would have know this kid was going to eat so often, I need some sleep.” And I would take just about any opportunity to sleep because, let’s face it, sleep deprivation is used as torture in some countries! I’d had enough, I just needed to get a good, solid sleep. Not this ‘hour here, half hour there’. Well through pure sleep deprivation and last resorts I came up with an idea that works! I managed to get 5-6 hours straight each night. Tell me more you say…
- Obviously an infant with conjunctivitis needs to be evaluated by a doctor immediately. Also consult your doctor if symptoms persist as untreated as reoccurring eye infections can cause damage to the eye. Before I talk about breast milk, I’ll quickly go over the different causes of common eye infections…
- Being a parent is the hardest job any of us will ever do and it’s on the job training only! As all mothers know, we often spend so much time looking after everyone else there is no time for ourselves. And during the first few years of our children’s lives, this to me, is the most important sacrifice you can ever make.
- Did you know that the nutrient composition of your breast milk changes throughout each feed every time you breastfeed? I find the human body truly amazing and I hope that this blog will help you understand why formula will NEVER come close to replacing breast milk.
- Eating to avoid morning sickness -Oh I remember it like it was yesterday… “ I want something sweet, no salty, no fatty. Oh yeah, French fries with chocolate sauce…Oh yuck, did I just eat that? That’s disgusting I feel sick!!!”