The Built-In Nursing Bra
We are all familiar with nursing bras where the cups drop down for breastfeeding, however it has come to most of our attention that these aren't the most practical garments to wear when breastfeeding in public. It's fantastic to see so many new garments designed to help us feel more confident during breastfeeding, but at Top Secret Maternity we didn't want to change something that has worked for so long; so we just made it better.
Underneath the fashionable outer layer is the exclusive built-in nursing bra with "Privacy Layer":
Top Secret Maternity breastfeeding clothes combine the features that you are familiar with in a traditional nursing bra with the comfort and discretion that many women are now looking for.
In with the old:
- Adjustable bra straps to allow for changing breast size during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Standard nursing bra clasps for easy one handed opening and closing.
In with the new:
- Unlike most shelf bras, Top Secret Maternity breastfeeding tops incorporate a shaped built-in nursing bra, so it is as supportive as a traditional bra.
- This nursing bra layer is made from a tightly knitted cotton lycra fabric so it is stretchy enough to be pulled over the head, but firm enough to offer complete support. The back of the bra is a single fabric panel with no clasps, so they are comfortable enough to sleep in.
- The “Privacy Layer” is exposed when the cup is dropped. It is designed to be lifted to allow the baby to attach for breastfeeding, and the opening is large enough for the entire breast to be accessed if desired. The “Privacy Layer” should then be pulled down to meet the baby's mouth and cover the upper part of the breast during breastfeeding. As the baby comes off the “Privacy Layer” can be pulled back over the breast before the cup is done up so your breast will never be exposed.
So why not pre-shaped cups? - Some pre-fabricated cups are padded and don't offer the flexibility needed when the cup is dropped. Other pre-fabricated cups are flexible but not supportive enough for breastfeeding.